Linking a Visit to the National Curriculum
The document Linking a Visit to the National Curriculum contains information about how different aspects of the museum can be applied to different areas of the National Curriculum.
Cross Curricula Teachers’ Resource Pack
A broad range of suggested ideas and activities to support classroom learning and self-led onsite visits. The activities cover History, Art, Geography, Science and Performing Arts. They can be delivered separately or in any combination to maximise a full day site visit. We have purposely designed opportunities for hands-on engagement with real and replica objects to enhance observation, investigative, communication and social skills. Free to hire.
- Teacher Resource Pack
- Conversations and Memories Teachers’ Resource Pack – Primary
- Conversations and Memories Teachers’ Resource Pack – Secondary
- Pupil Worksheets: History Explorer Pack A and B
- Pupil Worksheet: Rules and Punishment
- Pupil Activity Sheets: Discovery Centre
- Pupil Activity Sheet: Tram Timeline
- The Woodland Walk and Sculpture Trail Version 2
Click here for the Generic Risk Assessment and Guidance 2020 document that contains guidance for school visits.
To contact the Learning Department for more details or to book activities use the Educational Enquiry form, or ring 01773 854328.
Winners of the Sandford Award for Heritage Education 2016