Become an Annual Member and help the National Tramway Museum to continue its amazing work for generations to come!
The Tramway Museum Society, its Membership and its Museum
This fascinating Museum began during the decline of the tram in the 1950s. Founder members of the Tramway Museum Society became ‘people with a mission’ to rescue, store and restore as many types of tram as possible. The Society created the National Tramway Museum, which has developed into Crich Tramway Village, a major tourist attraction on the world stage, and an important research centre for historians, scholars, and students.
Volunteers at the Museum are relied upon to perform a thousand and one different tasks.
Armchair enthusiasts – those who are interested simply in the project but not physically active – are just as welcome as the more energetic. Nor do you need to know anything about trams in order to become an active participant.
Lots of youngsters who have never seen a tram in its original setting are finding the Museum the basis of a new, fascinating and rewarding hobby. On the other hand, more senior people too, make a significant contribution. Our members are drawn from all walks of life, and from all parts of the world. Meeting and working with them is an interesting experience in itself.
The Society supports social activities which include film shows, visits to other museums (home and abroad) and parties. There are also active local branches in many parts of the country. Furthermore, reciprocal admission arrangements exist with certain other museums. The Museum also possesses a cafe, and limited overnight accommodation for volunteer members.
The Tramway Museum Society Membership Prices 2022
(aged 25- 59)
(aged 4 – 17)
(aged 18 – 24)
(aged 18 – 59)
(Senior aged 60+)
(aged 4 -17)
The Tramway Museum Society Membership Benefits
1. Be part of preserving British Tramway Heritage for future generations.
2. Receive the Museum’s Journal and and emailed copy of the newsletter to keep you up to date with what is happening and new developments.
3. Visit the Museum and enjoy the facilities offered throughout the season.
4. Enjoy a range of reciprocal admission arrangements with other specified heritage organisations.
5. Members’ discounts are available for some retail and catering services at the Museum on production of the membership card.
6. Receive invitations to ‘members only’ social events.
7. Adult members may attend the Annual General Meeting (and any other general meetings) and be entitled to vote.
Download the here: MembershipApplicationForm_2022_v1
If you are already a TMS Member and wish to renew your membership, please download MembershipRenewalForm_2022_v1
If you wish to pay by Direct Debit, please download the Direct Debit form and return to us.
Family Tramway Museum Society membership is available to the families of Adult, Young Adult, Senior Adult or Life members. Junior, Family Junior and Family Adult members do not have voting rights, and Family members do not receive Society literature.
Opening Dates & Times 2022
Saturday 23rd July - Sunday 4th September (Open daily)
Weekdays and weekends 10am - 5.30pm (Last admissions 4pm)
Monday 5th September to Sunday 30th October - Open Saturday to Thursday (Closed Fridays)
Weekdays: 10am - 4.30pm (Last admissions 3pm).
Weekends: 10am - 5.30pm (Last admissions 4pm).