- This event has passed.
Sat 1st September 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
A must for all transport enthusiasts our ‘Simply Trams’ event will see an intensive tram service, with departures every 6 minutes and as many as 18 trams available during the day. There will also be plenty of in and out-of-service photo opportunities with a selection of both operational and non-operational trams.
The theme this year is Birthdays and Anniversaries. The following will feature:
- 40 years of trams to Glory Mine (end of tram track)
- 50 years of trams running to Wakebridge
- 50 years since Prague 180 (266) arrived at Crich
- 50 years since Leeds 180 entered service at Crich (plus 1297)
- 120th Birthday of Blackpool and Fleetwood 2
- 110th Birthday of Prague 180 (266)
- 90th Birthday of Blackpool 167
- 40th Birthday of KLV
Its not all about the big trams, but small ones as well, with the stunning Robert Whetstone models on display and running in the Exhibition Hall.
There will also be a duplicate book sale, and we will also have some duplicate tram photographic prints on sale in the Learning Centre.
Our programme for the day is now available to download below, just click the link, or pick up one on arrival at Admissions.